Paul Ekman Emotional Skill and Competencies Course (ESaC)
Time & Location
About the Event
Whether you're a manager, negotiator, facilitator, parent or therapist - interacting constructively with others is vital to the success of building relationships and improving mental well-being.The Emotional Skills and Competencies course will give you the tools, techniques, and approaches to become the master of your emotions and ensure that they are working for you, and not against you.
You will develop your behavior analysis abilities, and enhance your skills in reading others through verbal and non-verbal cues.
You will learn how to use this advanced competency to gain deeper insights into the thoughts and feeling of those you interact with and aid you in building constructive and positive relationships.All delegates receive a graded Certificate signed by Dr. Paul Ekman on completion of the course. During this course you will...
- Cover a brief history of emotions and why they are vital to our survival
- Adopt a simple framework for developing your emotional skills
- Develop your ability to analyze the verbal and non-verbal behaviors of others using real participants in live exercises
- Learn how to spot Micro-expressions using Dr. Paul Ekman’s pioneering training techniques
- Employ an effective conversation management model, so you are equipped for all types of encounters
- Understand how emotions work
- Know your emotional triggers and how to manage them
- Be aware of emotional impulses from the outset
- Respond to emotionally charged situations, and not react impulsively towards them
- Be able to read emotions in others through their verbal and non-verbal behaviors
- Understand the emotions of others more insightfully
- Use your new skills to develop constructive and positive relationships
- ESaC (7-8 December)$1,900$1,9000$0